In BOS, you build small apps known as
Components, that focus on solving a specific problem. Then, you compose these
Components to achieve a full-working frontend.
To simplify development, BOS provides a set of built-in components that you can readily use to build your decentralized frontend.
Decomposing the near.social application into its Components
Non-Exhaustive List of Built-in Components
- Widget: The minimum unit of a frontend.
- Markdown: Renders markdown text.
- IPFS Uploader: Uploads images into IPFS.
- OverlayTrigger: Renders Bootstrap's OverlayTrigger based on npm package
- InfiniteScroll - the component to render infinite scroll based on the npm package
- Typeahead - the component for text auto-complete and typeahead based on npm package
- Files - the component to input files with drag and drop support based on npm package
- Tooltip - the component to render Bootstrap's tooltip based on npm package
- Radix UI - a complete set of Radix primitives to simplify UI development.
- styled - React's styled components.