We’re taking applications for a limited beta program for early adopters to launch their projects alongside the NEAR mainnet in late 2019.
Whom is this for?
Are you excited over the potential of Web3, digital assets, marketplaces, privacy, digital-first organisations, or governance?
- Then we need you!
Join our beta program and help us to decentralise the web, again.
And provide decentralised alternatives to people around the globe!
What are the benefits of building on Near?
We get it, you might be thinking "yet another blockchain" - but hold on a second and consider this:
- First-come-first-serve: Towards the end of 2019 the NEAR Foundation will deploy the NEAR mainnet. A ton of people will hold NEAR tokens; the first dApps will generate the most utility. Your application will be needed, seen, wanted, and used! Don't miss this opportuniy!
- Support like provided by no one else: There’s a super competent team building the base-layer protocol and developer tooling, and they’ll be available, responsive, and extremely open to suggestions for when things inevitably don’t go as planned. And they will, things will get messy -- welcome to open-source where nothing is 100% certain.
Don't miss out on:
- Our user-centric architecture: The smart contracts are super easy to write – giving you user-controlled accounts, tokens and other assets as first-class elements of an economic computing system.
- Rapid prototyping for all: Devs at NEAR Inc dogfood and build stuff on NEAR every week, and they always end up adding things to the templates that make their lives better. They’re major tool snobs and it turns out that this makes the tools better for other devs.
- Development with purpose: It’s early enough that anyone who is creating applications on NEAR right now is contributing meaningfully to the nascent ecosystem. If there are only 10 NEAR apps, and you are one of them, you represent 10% of the entire ecosystem, which will become only more meaningful as the ecosystem grows.
What this program offers
Firstly, there’s the start-up support:
- A dedicated adviser from NEAR, with biweekly office hours
- An allocation of NEAR tokens to use to fund developer accounts and distribute to the development team
- Access to a private forum for early-access developers where you can get feedback, help each other out, and organize collaborations with other projects
Then, there’s the ongoing support:
We’ll make sure you learn everything you need to know about blockchains and building on NEAR with access to our developers and the people who designed the protocol
Additional NEAR tokens allocated after the completion of specific milestones like onboarding your first test users
Finally, there’s the launch support:
- Gas-specific NEAR tokens to pay transaction fees in order to bootstrap your user base once everything goes live
- Opportunities to present at demo days and talk about your successes online and offline in our social media, investor updates and newsletters
- Technical and media launch support when the big day finally comes How to apply
How to apply
As a baseline, you will need:
- An idea
- Something of a plan
- Coding skills (your own or borrowed)
- And enough available time to bring your plan to fruition
We will select a limited number of projects to take part in the beta based on which applications seem to involve a) sensible uses of decentralization and b) the ability to actually ship something and launch meaningfully on Launch Day.
You’ll hear back from us within a week.
We are here to find answers; get in touch with us on Discord.